If you are looking for more authentic and delicious Fijian recipes be sure to check out "Our Journey to Fiji". There you can also learn more about this beautiful country.
Did you know that "bula" means hello is Fiji and you will hear it everywhere you go! There are three official languages there, English, Fijian and Hindustani.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Fiji Banana Cake
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising or plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder only use if using plain flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Powdered Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Powdered Cinnamon
- 1 greased round cake tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big bowl add mashed ripe bananas,
- to this add 3 eggs, sugar and melted butter.
- Mix all gently until fluffy.
- Add baking powder (remember only to use with the plain flour), vanilla, powdered nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix everything together.
- Now gradually add the flour and mix it thoroughly.
- Make sure that it has been mixed well and there are no hard flour lumps in the mixture. Once the mixture is properly mixed, set it aside and grease your cake tin with some melted butter.
- Pour the cake mixture into the greased tin.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Test your cake to see if it is cooked by inserting a toothpick in the middle, when it comes out clean it is done and the cake will be a golden brown.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack and serve.