Finland pickled cucumbers are super easy to make and they are delicious. Pickling is common in Finland to preserve food over the long cold winter. These sweet and sour treats were delicious served with the herb and cheese encrusted salmon and new potatoes. The dill is a favorite herb used in Finnish cuisine. Enjoy!
Finland Pickled Cucumbers
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 cup dill roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups water
- Peel the cucumber. If you would like, you can alternate between skin and bare. it looks attractive that way.
- Thinly slice the cumbers and place into a bowl.
- In a saucepan heat the water and sugar till the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from the heat then add the vinegar and chopped dill and stir to combine.
- Pour over the sweet vinegar and dill liquid and stir. Cover and place in the fridge for a couple of hours so the flavors marry together then its ready to serve.