This is truly just a typical green salad with an oil and vinegar dressing. A perfect side for any meal. Feel free to simply use whatever is fresh and in season. Add peppers, cucumber etc. I think you will like this super easy green salad.
Did you know that Mother Theresa is from Albania? She is beloved in her native country. Today where she was born is in Macedonia but the Albanians claim her as theirs. If you would like to learn more about this beautiful country be sure to check out “Our Journey to Albania”. There you will also find more authentic Albanian recipes to complete your meal along with your green salad.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Sallatë Jeshile – Green Salad
- 1 hea romaine lettuce or any type you like cut into bite size pieces
- ½ red onion sliced, if it is a strong onion, you should soak it about 10 minutes in ice water
- 1 tomato quartered
- olives black, green or both, sliced
- For the Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Vinegar white, red or balsamic
- salt to taste
- Mix together all the vegetables and olives.
- Whisk together the dressing and pour over the salad just prior to serving.
- Toss gently and serve.