Halo-halo is a beloved dessert in many places in Asia. It is actually pronounced (hollow-hollow). Halo-halo is a perfect treat on a warm tropical day. It is both sweet and savory. You can purchase all the ingredients separately or do what I did and buy a jar of halo-halo from my local Asian market or you can find it here on Amazon. I deconstructed the ingredients from the jar and then placed them over the bowl of shaved ice, topped with sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. The ingredients are typically sweetened red beans, coco de nata, macpuna strings, jackfruit and ice cream. Sometimes other fruits like mango are also included.
We loved this halo-halo treat at the end of our Palauan meal. It was perfectly refreshing, and we completely understand why this is a loved dessert in the tropical island paradise of Palau, cold, sweet and delicious!
Did you know that there is a place in Palau called the Milky Way? If you want to find out how to look ten years younger you may want to check out "Our Journey to Palau." to learn more.
Craving more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world at, Internationalcuisine.com, so you don’t miss a thing. It’s free. You can also find me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and Youtube, to follow along on our incredible journey.
Please note that this post may contain affiliate links in which I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase, but will not affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support.
WP Recipe Maker #8165
- 1 cup shaved ice
- 1 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp sweetened red mung beans
- 2 Tbsp Coco de Nata
- 1 Tbsp macapuno
- 1 Tbsp jackfruit in syrup
- 1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
- Put shaved ice in a bowl
- pour over the sweetened condensed milk and then the evaporated milk.
- arrange the rest of the ingredients on the ice and then put the scoop vanilla ice Cream in the middle. Enjoy!.Please note you can get all the ingredient in a jar of halo-halo except for the shaved ice, milk and ice cream. I found it cheaper to buy a bottle of halo-halo than to buy each item individually