Kuwait Simple salad is just that. A typical salad that has some romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber onion and topped with a few pieces of that delicious turnip pickle. The dressing is just a simple squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of some olive oil. Salads are often served with meals in Kuwait and many of the salads we have made for other countries in the region are also loved in Kuwait. Salads like Arabic Salad, fattoush, or sumac salad, any of these would also be an appropriate choice to represent Kuwait.
Kuwait Simple Salad
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 to matoes
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- turnip pickles
- olive oil
- wash and tear romaine lettuce into bite size pieces
- cut tomatoes in wedges
- peel and slice a cucumber into discs (if using baby cucumbers, peeling is up to you)
- cut red onion into rings
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients
- Squeeze lemon to taste and drizzle with olive oil and toss lightly
- put into individual bowls and top with some turnip pickles or just serve on side
- Serve with flat bread.