Omani Salad is very similar to an Arabic salad with cucumber, tomatoes, onion, parsley and mint.
What makes it a bit different is the addition of preserved lemons. They add a wonderful element and I have included a link if you want to pick some up. Please note that I do earn a small commission however it does not affect the price you pay.
Click here to purchase preserved lemons from Amazon
Simply arrange all the ingredients and then mix them together.
A really easy and delicious recipe for any occasion.
Everybody loved this Omani salad.
It is best about an hour ahead so that the flavors have a good chance to mingle together.
- 4 Persian cucumbers sliced thinly
- 1½ cups assorted cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced preserved lemon
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley, mint, preserved lemon, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl.
- Let stand for about an hour for the flavors to mingle.
- Add oil and toss to coat.
- Season with pepper