This shrimp ceviche is a real crowd pleaser. The shrimp is cooked in lime juice as is with most all ceviche. The combination of the tomatoes, onions and habanero is delicious. It could also be made with fresh conch which would be common in Belize. Make ahead to let the flavors meld together and serve with some fried plantain chips. Excellent!
- ½ lb. raw uncooked peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 2 large ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 habanero minced
- Juice of 3 limes
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Chop your cleaned shrimp into little bits
- In a bowl add together the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for a couple of hours and serve with some fried plantain chips.