Akwadu or baked bananas is a excellent way to conclude your African meal. The bananas are simply delicious, warm and sweet and would be wonderful for breakfast as well.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Akwadu (Baked Bananas)
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 lemons juice of
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- cinnamon optional
- honey optional
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- peel and cut the bananas into chunks
- Arrange them in a baking dish
- pour the butter over and drizzle the orange and lemon juices
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, brown sugar and coconut
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and drizzle over some honey
- put oven to broil and brown for about 2 minutes but watch to make sure it does not burn
- Remove and serve warm