This cinnamon sorbet is called helado de canelo in Bolivia. Enjoy this simple Bolivian dessert. This light and refreshing cinnamon sorbet is simple to make and really delicious!
Helado de Canela (Cinnamon Sorbet)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Boil the 2 1/2 cups of water with cinnamon until the water turns color and reduces slightly.
- Add sugar and boil for five minutes
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the tablespoon of cold water and add to the sugar water.
- Cook for another 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and let cool
- Add in the lemon juice.
- Strain and Put the mixture in the freezer
- Before it gets completely frozen stir the sorbet so it does not get too hard
- Repeat a couple more times until it is ready.