This very simple to make rice dish blends the tropics together with baby green peas. The result a lovely side dish to enjoy with just about anything. It is especially good with the grilled red snapper kabobs.
Coconut Rice and Peas
A simple side dish with a Caribbean flavor with just a hint of coconut.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups coconut water
- ½ cup frozen peas or fresh if you can find them
- Rinse rice per package directions
- Cook substituting coconut water for regular water
- Bring to boil
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender and water absorbed 15-20 minutes
- Stir in the fresh or frozen peas
- Serve warm
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 139IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg