Barbados corn pie is sweet and buttery and super simple to make plus it cooks up in a jiffy. This is a common side dish in Barbados along with mac and cheese. It makes a nice pairing with the spicy Bajan baked chicken and pickled cucumbers.
Barbados Corn Pie
- 1 can corn kernels drained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour
- Preheat the oven to 35o degrees
- In a bowl, Mix all ingredients together other than the beaten eggs, fold those in last.
- Place the mixture into a greased pie plate or a 9” square pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the mixture is set.