Cote D’ Ivoire Cucumber and Courgette Salad is simply delicious. The sweetness added to the vinegar along with the pepper flakes are wonderful. I am always looking for ways to use an abundance of Zucchini from my garden and will make this recipe often. I hope you enjoy it too!
Cote D' Ivoire Cucumber and Courgette Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers scored with a fork and sliced very thinly
- 2 medium courgettes zucchini, scored with a fork and sliced very thinly
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a bowl arrange alternating layers of cucumber and courgette.
- Whisk the vinegar, sugar, hot water, salt, black pepper and chilli flakes together and pour over the layers of cucumbers and courgettes.
- Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour before serving.