This citrusy, custard Andorran treat was the perfect ending to our International Cuisine meal.
Did you know that Andorra is the only country in the world in which Catalan is the official language? Be sure to join the culinary journey around the world and if you would like to learn more about this tiny country of Andorra be sure to check out "Our Journey to Andorra".
Spanish Crema de Catalan
- 3 Eggs Separated using only the yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon zest
- ½ cinnamon stick
- In a sauce pan, Mix the egg yolks with the sugar to a creamy consistency.
- Add in just 1 ½ cups of milk and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add in the lemon zest and cinnamon stick.
- Heat the mixture over medium high heat, stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile, dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining ½ cup of milk.
- Start slowly adding in the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly
- Bring to a slow boil while stirring and right when the first bubble appears, set it aside.
- Ladle the custard into individual ramekins and let cool.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar and Brulee the top with either a blow torch or put in the broiler until the top is scorched.