These Cyprus mushrooms in wine called manitaria krasata is a welcome addition the Cyprus meze meal. This is a quick and easy recipe that is just delicious. This would make a wonderful side dish to just about anything.
You can use any mushroom that you love or a combination of several different types. I used button mushrooms and they turned our wonderfully. Of course if you are in Cyprus you can head to the forest and forage your own!
Cyprus Manitaria Krasata (Mushrooms in Wine)
- 1 package mixed wild mushrooms or any mushrooms you like about 1/2 lb.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds crushed
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms and slice if desired
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a sauce pan
- Add in the mushrooms and fry until they start to brown.
- Add in the crushed coriander seeds
- Pour the wine over the mushrooms and reduce to simmer
- When the liquid has reduces they are ready to serve
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot as part of the Cyprus meze.