Cyprus Tahini dip is loved by Cypriots and served as part of a meze. It is made from toasted sesame seeds and has a wonderful flavor just perfect on pita bread. Just remember to not eat too much, the meze has a ton of food and it’s easy to get full on pita bread and Tahini!
Cyprus Tahini Dip
- 150 grams tahini paste
- 1 lemon - the juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup water or more if a more runny consistency is preferred
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic and water in a bowl and use a blender or food processor and mix well.
- Check the flavor and the consistency – it should be runny enough to easily drop off a spoon
- Add more lemon if required (as well as adding flavor, this will thicken the sauce)
- Add more water if the consistency is not as creamy and runny as required – this will make the sauce runnier
- Add the olive oil
- Taste as you add the seasoning
- Serve with toasted pita bread at the beginning of the meze