Cyprus Hummus dip is a delicious made of chick peas or garbanzo bean. The dip is easy to make and always served as part of a Cypriot meze. Many countries enjoy hummus and I don’t think it is original to Cyprus but it is always served. Enjoy!
Cyprus Hummus Dip
- 1 can of chickpeas garbanzo or white beans, drained
- 1-3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2-4 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons of tahini
- 1-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- pine nuts and dried Greek oregano to garnish
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, except garnish
- If the consistency is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water, or add more lemon juice if you prefer a stronger lemon flavor.
- Put in a bowl and garnish
- Serve with pita bread at the beginning of the meze.