The Egyptian Arabic salad is found on most tables throughout Egypt. Sometimes the Egyptian Arabic Salad is just part of the meze, usually set out with tahina, and pita bread. This is a very simple recipe and a perfect summer salad when the tomatoes and cucumber are in their prime.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Egypt Arabic Salad (Tomato and Cucumber Salad)
A classic and refreshing salad
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 Tablespoon mint chopped
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- salt to taste
- mix together the tomato, cucumber, onion, parsley and mint.
- Drizzle over enough olive oil to lightly coat and squeeze over the fresh lemon juice.
- Stir well and add salt to taste.
- Try adding a touch of sumac for a wonderful added flavor to the salad.