Mango on a stick is a fun way to enjoy fruit. Typically served in El Salvador as a street food. It is delicious with the sweetness of the mango, the spicy of the chili powder, the sourness of the lime and the salt. It is messy, but love in every bite. The combination of chili powder, lime and salt is really good on just about any kind of fruit of course you could just cut the mango up into pieces and it would taste just as good, it just makes it a fun presentation to serve it as a flower. Enjoy!
Did you know that El Salvador is also known as the “Land of Volcanoes”? If you would like to learn more about this country be sure to check out “Our Journey to El Salvador”. There you will also find more authentic recipes.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
El Salvador Mango on a Stick
A fun and lively way to enjoy mango.
- 1 mango per person
- chili powder or pico de gallo
- 1/2 lime per person
- salt to taste
- 1or 2 chopsticks
- Peel the mango
- Cut the fat end of the mango so you can see where the big flat seed is and insert a chopstick right next to it. (sometimes you may need a second chopstick inserted for stability.
- Carefully with a knife cut slices/ pedals into the mango to make it look like a flower
- Sprinkle it with chili powder or pico de gallo to taste
- Spinkle with salt to taste
- Serve with lime wedges and lots of napkins