Estonia Raspberry semolina mousse is a wonderful dessert treat usually served with milk or cream. It is also loved as a breakfast dish. The mousse can be made from all sorts of berry juice, just use what you have on hand or love. Berry picking is a national pass time in Estonia and they have some pretty interesting berries there. The more you whisk up this dessert, the lighter and fluffier it gets. Enjoy!
If you are looking for more authentic recipes from Estonia or elsewhere be sure to check out "Our Journey to Estonia" to learn more.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Estonia Roosamanna ehk Mannavaht (Raspberry Semolina mousse)
- 1 cup of concentrated juice e.g. cranberry, redcurrant, cherry, raspberry, strawberry, blackcurrant, etc.
- about 4 cups of water
- or 1 quart berry juice of your choice.
- 3/4 cup wheat semolina/cream of wheat
- up to 1/2 cup of sugar
- Dilute the juice with enough water to make up 1 quart of liquid (or simply use a quart of cranberry juice drink or something similar). Add sugar to taste and bring everything slowly to the boil.
- Pour semolina quickly into the boiling juice, stirring vigorously to avoid any clumps. Simmer in a low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until semolina has expanded and you have a thick sweet porridge. Taste - add more sugar, if necessary, or some vanilla sugar, grated lemon or lime zest.
- Pour into a large bowl and let cool.
- Whisk the cool sweet porridge until it's couple of shades lighter and a lot fluffier and lighter in texture.
- Serve with cold milk.