Fulkopir Chop a perfectly delicious appetizer. Vegetable fritters are very popular in Bangladesh. These are yummy and best eaten soon after being fried. They would typically been served with rice, limes and chilies on the side. The spicy batter would be great on any vegetable not just cauliflower!
Fulkopir Chop (Cauliflower Fritters)
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt plus one tablespoon for water
- 3 tablespoons water for batter
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients
- Beat egg in a separate bowl and add soy and water.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients mix until smooth.
- Set aside for 15 minutes
- Boil a pot of water with 1 tablespoon salt, when water boils add in the cauliflower florets. Boil for 5-6 minutes until just slightly soft.
- Drain the water and set aside
- Heat the oil in a pan to medium high.
- Dip florets into batter and fry until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.