Fondue makes for fun appetizer. This Irish stout version is creamy and delicious. What to dip is whatever you love with cheese, pretty much anything goes. We enjoyed it with broccoli florets, mushrooms, bread, tomatoes and ham. Potatoes, brussel sprouts and peppers would be all be great. Serve it with enough stuff, it could make for a meal on its own. Fondue is just fun.
Irish Stout Fondue
- 3/4 cup shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup Dubliner cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 12 ounce can or bottle Irish stout beer (such as Guinness)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine white Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, Dubliner cheese, Parmesan cheese, and cornstarch together in a bowl; set aside.
- Stir Irish stout beer, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, and mustard powder together in a fondue pot; set heat under fondue pot to medium.
- Stir cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into stout beer mixture in fondue pot until cheese is completely melted and the fondue is thick and smooth. Do not let the fondue boil.
- Season with black pepper to taste.