Jamaican garden salad is a staple side salad that is often served alongside Jerk Chicken. The balance of flavors help to relieve the palate of the heat from the delicious jerk sauce. It is a little different as it uses cabbage as the base of the salad as opposed to lettuce. Make a beautiful and tasty presentation with your fresh vegetables. This salad is usually served with Thousand Island dressing however feel free to use whatever dressing you enjoy!
Jamaican Garden Salad
- 2 cups cabbage shredded or thinly sliced
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/2 green pepper sliced into rings
- 1 to matoes cut into 8 wedges
- 1 ⁄2 English cucumber peel on, round slices
- Thousand Island dressing
- Place cabbage into bottom of serving bowl.
- Top with carrot.
- Next, the green pepper.
- Slide the cucumber slices surrounding your salad
- Put the tomato wedges on the top of the salad.
- Serve with thousand island dressing.