Latvian dill potatoes are perfect to enjoy with the pork cutlets or would be lovely as a side for just about anything. You use small potatoes like Yukon golds or red or white new potatoes and you don't even have to peel them. You just boil them in some salt water, add in some butter, sour cream and fresh dill and just like that, your dish is done. Potatoes are loved in Latvia and are used in many dishes. In fact we can all thank Nobel prize winner Vilhelms Ostvalds for developing the system for their mass production back in 1902. Enjoy!
Latvian Dill Potatoes (Kartupeli ar Dillem)
- 1 1 lb. small potatoes like Yukon gold or Baby red's
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill minced
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put cleaned potatoes and enough water to cover with a little salt, in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook until tender about 15 minutes
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
- Add in the sour cream, butter, dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir so all the potatoes are coated
- Serve in a bowl.