Mozambican Avocado salad is lovely and light.
It is called Salada pera de abacate in Portuguese, the official language of Mozambique.
It is a bit different as it pairs avocado, with tomato and peaches.
The dressing is really good and will be my summer go to dressing. It is citrusy with lemon but it is the peach syrup along with some herbs that make it truly unique and wonderful.
We enjoyed this salad along with the peri peri chicken and fries. it was the perfect accompaniment.
A light and lovely salad that would be enjoyed with just about anything.
I was lucky enough to use fresh mixed greens right out of our International Cuisine garden for this one which makes it always extra special.
Mozambican Avocado Salad
- Lettuce mixed or any type you like
- 2 tomatoes cut into slices
- 2 peaches cut into slices or use sliced peaches out of a can and you can use the juice for the dressing.
- 2 avocados cut into bit size pieces
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon dressing See Recipe below
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup peach syrup of fruit syrup from the can
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh herbs tarragon oregano chopped finely
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the lettuce in a bowl
- Arrange the tomato and peach slices in a circle
- place the avocado in the center.
- In a jar put all the dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Pour a little dressing on the salad and serve.
- The rest of the dressing will keep for about a week in the refrigerator