I love quick and easy meals and this pule me arra, whips up in no time. If you are looking for other recipes to go with your Albanian pule me arra check out byrek me spinaq or a simple Albanian green salad. Revani is a scrumptious and beautiful dessert.
If you would like to learn a bit more about the country of Albania be sure to check out “Our Journey to Albania”. I love the story about Albanian hospitality, I think you will too. The Kanun is something you will hear much about while in Albania. It is a series of customs that Albanians live by. They consist of hospitality, honor, family, loyalty and correct conduct.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Pule Me Arra – Albanian Chicken with Walnuts
- 2 lbs. Chicken breast or thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup walnuts chopped finely
- 2 egg yolk beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ lb. or 1 stick of butter divided
- Place the chicken or veal into a skillet and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Remove the meat and set aside, leaving the remaining juices in the pan.
- In a saucepan, add the flour and sauté over medium heat until it becomes a light brown color, making sure to not overcook.
- Add in one half stick of butter.
- Once melted, add the crushed walnuts, minced garlic, two egg yolks and stir constantly.
- Add in the juices from the skillet and sauté until the ingredients thicken, taking care to not let the egg yolks solidify.
- Add in the cooked veal or chicken .
- Melt the other ½ stick of butter until a lightly golden brown.
- Pour over the four servings.