South Korean Patbingsu is a shaved ice dessert that is a spectacular treat on a hot humid day. Koreans do not typically eat dessert after a meal however this is lovely to enjoy after any meal. Fruit is also quite expensive in South Korea so patbingsu is definitely considered a treat. You can use any toppings you like but be sure to try and get the tteok the little rice cake treats that are like marshmallows as well as the sweet bean paste for an authentic Korean dish. If you don't have a snow cone machine to make the shaved ice, a high speed blender can handle the task. I have a vitamix and love it. Also the drizzle of the sweetened condensed milk on the ice is a must, who needs chocolate? You will love South Korean patbingsu!
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
South Korean Patbingsu (Shaved Ice Dessert)
- 1 cup Ice shaved
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbsp Sweetened Adzuki bean paste
- 2 scoops Green tea Ice cream
- 6 strawberries sliced
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/4 cup tteok Mochi rice cake
- On a tray or bowl add a cup of packed shaved Ice
- drizzle the condensed milk over the ice
- add the sweet bean paste on top of the ice
- garnish around with the strawberries and banana
- add the scoops of green tea ice cream
- sprinkle the tteok on top
- Note it taste best when the shaved ice starts to melt