Stuffed dates surprisingly simple and delicious, these bite sized morsels are a perfect way to end a meal with some hot mint tea to go along with it. The orange blossom water adds a wonderful flavor to the filling… enjoy!
Maltši Tamr ( Algerian Stuffed Dates)
- 12 fresh dates
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Orange flower water
- Powdered sugar for garish
- With a sharp knife, make a slit down the length of each date and carefully remove the seed.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground almonds, chopped pistachio nuts, and granulated sugar.
- Add enough orange flower water to make a smooth paste.
- Stuff the paste into the dates.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with hot mint tea.