Arabic Salad is light and refreshing , it should be made with the freshest ingredients. The citrus dressing is delicious. This salad makes a perfect side to the Machboos ala dujaj, the national dish of Bahrain. Enjoy!
- 2 cucumbers peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 2 to matoes seeded and chopped
- 2 small shallots thinly sliced. (onions could be substituted)
- ¼ cup of fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- For the dressing:
- Juice of 2 lemons freshly squeezed
- Equal amount of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste.
- Make the dressing whisking together the lemon juice and olive oil, add the salt to taste.
- Put all the salad ingredients in bowl and then toss gently with the dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready for use.