Arabic Salad is light and refreshing , it should be made with the freshest ingredients. The citrus dressing is delicious. This salad makes a perfect side to the Machboos ala dujaj, the national dish of Bahrain. Enjoy!
A typical salad from Bahrain
- 2 cucumbers peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 2 small shallots thinly sliced. (onions could be substituted)
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- For the dressing:
- 2 lemons freshly squeezed
- Equal amount of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste.
- Make the dressing whisking together the lemon juice and olive oil, add the salt to taste.
- Put all the salad ingredients in bowl and then toss gently with the dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready for use.
Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 487mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 949IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg