For dessert, we offer a perfect, delicious orange. By simply using the peel to decorate the plate, it is made to look like the leaves of a flower. What a beautiful way to end your Chinese meal, a simple China orange. The Chinese believe that oranges bring good luck and are always found at their New Year’s celebration. Happy New Year!
China – Orange jú zi 橙
- 1 Orange per serving
- 1 strawberry per serving.
- Peel the orange and save the peels to cut pieces to resemble leaves of a flower. (see picture above)
- Place them around the plate
- Spread open the orange removing the stem portion at the bottom to resemble the flower.
- Put a strawberry in the middle