Colombian Sopa de Fresca is basically a strawberry soup. In Colombia you will find fruit stands serving this delectable dessert with the freshest of strawberries and either fresh heavy cream or condensed milk. This sopa de fresca recipe calls for both and you will love this, so easy to make and so refreshing. A perfect way to end our Colombian feast!
Have you ever tried sopa de fresca or strawberry soup? I would love to hear how you liked it. Obviously this could be made with several different types of fruit. What would be your favorite?
Did you know that the notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar evidently offered to pay Colombia's national debt of $10 billion to improve his reputation and avoid prosecution?
If you are looking to learn more about the South American country of Colombia as well as get more authentic Colombian recipes, be sure to check out "Our Journey to Colombia".
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Colombia Sopa de Fresca
- 2 ½ cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar or to taste
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, except the sliced strawberries, heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- In a small bowl mix the heavy cream and condensed milk. Set aside.
- Spoon the soup into serving bowls, add some of the sliced strawberries and garnish with 3 tablespoons of the cream mixture.