Belarus calls this a country salad. A delicious beet root salad with an easy to make mayonnaise dressing. Serve with hard-boiled eggs and dill for a lovely starter salad. I just love the color of this salad, and it was so much fun to pull the beets straight from our garden.
Belarus Kraina Salata-Country Salad
- 2 ½ medium Beets
- ½ Onion
- 1 hard- boiled egg
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Cream Mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- For the Mayonnaise:
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Salt sugar and vinegar to taste
- Boil the beet roots until tender then peel and shred them
- Peel and shred the onion
- Peel and chop the egg
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly, season with sour cream or mayonnaise and salt to taste. Put the ingredients in a serving bowl and decorate.
- For the mayonnaise:
- Mix together all ingredients and chill.