Cucumber salad is A wonderful side dish, light and refreshing with a sweet and sour flavor. The addition of caraway seeds is a nice twist to your everyday cucumber salad.
Gerkensalat (Cucumber Salad)
A wonderful side dish often served with Weiner schnitzel
- 1 English cucumber sliced thin
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Shake salt on the sliced cucumbers, mix and put in a colander for at least ½ hour
- Rinse with cold water and let stand to drain out as much water as possible
- In a bowl, warm the vinegar and water in the microwave, Add the sugar start with one teaspoon and mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Combine all the ingredients add salt and additional sugar to taste. You want there to be a sweet and sour flavor.
- Refrigerate several hours
- Serve chilled.
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.4mg