Finland Boiled Potatoes are a staple side dish. They are loved served with pickled herring. I am not a big fan of pickled herring so I used smoked herring and loved the combination. Served with butter and dill, they were perfect along side the herb and cheese stuffed salmon. The secret to success is to use new potatoes, that are fresh and small. Enjoy!
Finland Boiled Potatoes
- 1 lb. small new potatoes
- large bunch of fresh dill
- pickled or smoked herring
- If you are using new potatoes and want to remove the peel, you can easily do so by just scrubbing them under running water.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil
- Add salt and lots of fresh dill, most of the dill will be used to garnish when the potatoes are cooked so don't use up all you dill in the water.
- Add the potatoes and lower the heat to a simmer
- cover the pan and cook until the potatoes are tender. 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- When done, drain the potatoes serve with pickled or smoked herring, butter and salt to taste. Add some fresh dill as a garnish and serve.