Guatemalan Radish Salad called Picado De Rabano is found on nearly every table there. Almost like a condiment this crunchy delicious salad is used as a topping for many things. It is delicious with the shredded beef salad called salpicon. Radishes are healthful and this is a wonderful little salad anytime and a wonderful way to use an abundance of radishes from your garden.
Guatemalan Radish Salad (Picado De Rabano)
- 1 ⁄2 lb radish trimmed and diced
- 1 ⁄8 cup mint finely chopped
- 1 ⁄8 cup orange juice bitter orange
- 1 ⁄8 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together and chill well before serving.
- Chill at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.