Indian Mango Lassi is a delicious smoothie that we enjoyed at the end of our Indian meal. India produces a staggering 1.2 million tons of mangoes annually so it is no wonder that it is their national fruit.
This recipe is easy to whip up especially if you use a high speed blender like a vitamix. I love mine! I made ours with a hint of cardamom and it was excellent. The thick and smooth Indian Mango lassi was perfect to soothe the palate from the heat of the delicious Indian curries we enjoyed.
If you would like to learn more be sure to check out “Our Journey to India”. There, you will find more authentic Indian recipes like this delicious Indian mango lassi.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Indian Mango Lassi (Mango Smoothie)
- 2 cups mango about 3 to 4 medium sized ripe mangoes cut into pieces
- 2 cups yogurt full fat
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 4 to 5 Tbsp sugar or honey to taste
- 4 mint leaves for garnish
- Peel the mangoes and chop them.
- In a blender or mixer, puree the mangoes with sugar or honey and cardamom powder
- Now add the chilled yogurt
- Add some ice cubes.
- Blend for a few seconds till everything is mixed well and the yogurt has become smooth.
- Pour mango lassi in glasses and serve garnished with mint leaves
- If you want a slightly thinner consistency, you can add some milk to the mango lassi while blending.