Indian Mango Lassi is a delicious smoothie that we enjoyed at the end of our Indian meal. India produces a staggering 1.2 million tons of mangoes annually so it is no wonder that it is their national fruit.
This recipe is easy to make, I made ours with a hint of cardamom and it was excellent. The thick and smooth lassi was perfect to soothe the palate from the heat of the delicious Indian curries we enjoyed.
- 2 cups of fresh chopped mango pieces, about 3 to 4 medium sized ripe mangoes.
- 2 cups chilled full fat fresh curd/yogurt,
- ½ tsp cardamom powder or ½ tbsp rose water or a pinch of saffron strands
- 4 to 5 tbsp sugar or honey or to taste
- few mint leaves for garnish
- Peel the mangoes and chop them.
- In a blender or mixer, puree the mangoes with sugar or honey and cardamom powder or saffron or rose water.
- Now add the chilled curd/yogurt
- Add some ice cubes.
- Blend for some seconds till the everything is mixed well and the yogurt has become smooth.
- Pour mango lassi in glasses and serve garnished with mint leaves
- If you want a slightly thinner consistency, you can add some milk to the mango lassi while blending.