Liberian rice bread is very similar to banana bread. It is made with mashed bananas and cream of rice for a quick and easy snack. It is delicious straight out of the oven and it stays nice and moist for up to a week. This is often served with tea or coffee, we enjoyed it as the starter course for our Liberian feast. Enjoy!
Liberian Rice Bread
- 2 cups cream of rice cereal
- 3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly blended.
- grease a 8x12 rectangular pan or 9"round cake pan
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan
- cook for approx 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.