Luxembourg trout in Riesling sauce is a lovely main dish. The trout is first fried in a bit of butter and then finished in the oven with a delectable herb and Riesling cream sauce. It is an elegant dish indeed. Trout is found in the rivers of Luxembourg and is common on the menu in the finest restaurants. You should make it, it’s delicious!
Luxembourg Trout in Riesling Sauce
- 4 1/2 lb trout
- 7 ounces Riesling wine
- 10 ounces fresh cream
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 shallots
- 1 pinch chervil
- tarragon twig
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Clean, wash & dry the trout.
- Sprinkle w/salt, pepper & flour.
- Melt butter in a pan & fry trout gently 2-3 minutes on ea side.
- Butter a roasting pan & place trout in it.
- Fry the finely chopped herbs in your frying pan, add the dry Riesling wine & pour this mixture on trout in the pan.
- Add fresh cream, season to taste w/pepper, salt & a pinch of paprika.
- Place stew pan in a hot oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, basting the trout occasionally with the sauce
- Take the trout out & place on a hot plate.
- Cover trout w/sauce & serve with potato fritters for a real treat.