Togolose Spaghetti Salad is a delicious little salad that can also be put on a French baguette for a lovely lunch. It has a wonderful tangy mayonnaise based dressing that makes this a creamy and delicious salad.
This salad is super easy to make and you may have all the ingredients you need right in you refrigerator and panty.
The main ingredients are:
Spaghetti, tomatoes, beet, bell pepper, carrots, red onion, and eggs.
For the dressing: Mayonnaise, dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
To make this a Togolese spaghetti Salad it is not made with Italian dressing, meat sauce or parmesan cheese like you would expect in a Spaghetti Salad. The eggs are the key to this special salad and like I said earlier the dressing.
There is no special equipment needed to make this Togolese dish, just a pot to boil and a knife to cut up the ingredients, easy peasy!
What to Serve with Togolese Spaghetti Salad
Togo has some other great dishes you can serve for an authentic meal. Togo Grilled Chicken recipe, Djenkoume which is a tomato cornmeal recipe and for dessert why not serve Keke a wonderful Lime Cake recipe.
If you would like to learn more about the country of Togo, its traditions, food and culture be sure to check out “Our Journey to Togo” there you will also find more authentic and ancestral recipes like this popular Togolese Spaghetti Salad.
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world, so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Togolese Spaghetti Salad
For the Salad
- 1 16 0z Spaghetti, Thin
- 2 medium Tomatoes Diced
- 1 Beet Diced
- 4 Carrots Sliced
- 1 Small Onion Red, sliced
- 10 large Eggs
- 4 cups Lettuce
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the eggs and beet in a sauce pan and cover with water, add a little salt
- Cook the eggs for 12 minutes and remove the eggs and run cool water over them. Let the beet cook for another 20 minutes or so until tender. Remove and dice when cool enough to handle
- Cook the spaghetti following package instruction, run under cool water and put in refrigerator with a touch of oil so it won't stick together.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients and set aside
- In a large bowl place the lettuce and the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over all of it and toss gently. Put it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour Serve with French baguettes.