African Cameroon pepper sauce is made with the very hot habanero or Scotch bonnet chili pepper. The combination of ingredients in this sauce makes for a wonderful combination of flavors. Yes it is spicy and can be toned down with some mayonnaise to adjust for the desired heat affect.
It is absolutely delicious with Suya the Cameroonian street food, a spicy beef on a stick. It would also make a wonderful sandwich spread. Enjoy!
African Pepper Sauce
A super spicy sauce that can be toned down with a little mayonnaise and used on just about anything. Our favorite is on Suya the spicy beef skewers from Cameroon.
- 5 habanero or scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons bouillon or Maggi
- 2 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes, onions and peppers after removing the stem and seeds.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour the pepper mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer of about 15 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it from burning. Add in salt to taste
- Let it cool, then pour into a mason jar and refrigerate for up to a week.
Here is a little video is you want to see how easy it is to make. Please be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel and give it a thumbs up.