Japanese dessert is always beautiful, as is all of their dishes. Presentation is always key. Matcha or powdered green tea is a staple ingredient in Japanese cuisine and makes a wonderful Ice cream. I used store bought green tea Ice cream and paired it with kiwi and oranges for a light, sweet and perfect ending to our Japanese feast. I truly love fresh fruit at the end of any meal. Often times Japanese serve the fruit with a sweet sauce made from black sugar. I don't find the added sweetness necessary if you are using nice ripe seasonal fruit.
- 4 oranges
- 4 kiwi
- 4 scoops Green Tea Ice Cream
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each orange so it will stand up. (Reserve to plate the scoop of Green Tea Ice Cream.
- Cut a bigger slice off the top to access the fruit. Using a sharp knife cut around the pith (the white area) and remove the orange wedges. A spoon is helpful to scoop it out at the bottom. Cut the fruit into bite size pieces and set aside. Repeat until the fruit is removed from all four oranges.
- peel and dice the kiwi into bite size pieces. Put the orange and kiwi pieces into the orange.
- Place two oranges and two scoops of Green tea on Ice Cream on each tray. This is shared between two people. Enjoy!