Micronesian pudding is a simple delicious dessert recipe that is easy to make. It is a custard like creamy mixture that is made with some coconut milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and water that is thickened with a bit of cornstarch. It is spread over either slices of yellow cake or pound cake and it is served cold. It is also sprinkled with some ground cinnamon. One can imagine how nice this would be on a hot humid tropical day on one of those beautiful Islands in Micronesia. Enjoy!
- 1 2/3 cups of water
- 12 oz coconut milk or evaporated condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter cut into pieces
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 baked yellow cake or pound cake from mix- follow mix directions.
- ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan combine the first six ingredients and turn the heat on medium low.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1/3 cup of water and once mixed well add it to the saucepan.
- Stir constantly for about 10-15 minutes until the mixture thickens and will coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat let cool and put in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Line a 9x13 pan with thin slices of pound cake or yellow cake fitting in the slices until the whole bottom of the pan is covered
- Spread the pudding over the cake
- Dust the cake with ground cinnamon
- chill covered at least one hour and serve chilled
- Cake slices should be thin about 1/2 " thick