This Burkina Faso French green beans recipe makes a lovely side dish and cooks up in a jiffy. The onions combined with the French beans adds great flavor along with a chopped hot chili. It is also seasoned with a little ginger and garlic.
Serve Burkina Faso French green beans as a side for any meal, but we really enjoyed it with the chicken thighs and mashed sweet potatoes for a perfect Burkinabe meal.
The French colonized Burkina Faso which is why French style green beans are popular. French is also the official language. If you would like to learn more about Burkina Faso be sure to check out "Our Journey to Burkina Faso" to learn more about this African country and its history.
Burkina Faso French Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh French green beans cut on the diagonal
- ½ white onion sliced thinly
- 1 red chili pepper minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- In a frying pan cook the white onion in the oil until translucent
- Add in the remaining ingredients and cook until the beans are tender.
- Season with salt to taste, and serve