This Equatorial Guinea spinach sauce is very tasty. It could be made with a variety of greens aside from spinach. I was happy to make it as I just happen to have an abundance of spinach in my garden. The taste was great on the marinated and grilled swai. It would be great on any type of fish or even chicken.
Here are the links for the other sauces to serve with the delicious marinated fish with three sauces : Avocado Sauce, Peanut Sauce
Craving even more? Be sure to join the culinary and cultural journey around the world so you don’t miss a thing, it’s free, You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook , Pinterest and youtube to follow along our journey.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links in which I will earn a small commission however, it will in no way affect the price you pay. I thank you for your support!
Equatorial Guinea Spinach Sauce
- 2 cups spinach de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 50 grams smoked fish flaked
- 1/4 large onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup palm oil or peanut oil with some turmeric and paprika for color
- 1 scotch bonnet chili left whole but scored (or 2 green chilies)
- Fry the onion in a little of the palm oil until softened. Mix the peanut butter with the water and add to the pot along with the other ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 mins or until well thickened. Add the palm oil, remove the chillies and cook for a further 10 mins.