If you like peanut brittle you will love this dessert. It has more peanuts than your average brittle. It is quick and pretty easy to make. Angola ranks 21st in the world for peanut production and used quite a bit in their cuisine.
Pé-de-Moleque (Peanut and Caramel Candy)
A wonderful sweet treat to end your Angola meal.
- 1 cup peanuts unsalted and de-shelled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- In a saucepan bring the sugar and water to a boil.
- Once the syrup begins to caramelize, add in the peanuts, stirring constantly until the sugar reaches a smooth and even consistency with a brownish caramel color.
- Remove from heat and spread mixture evenly on a greased pan about 4x8.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When chilled, slice into small squares and serve.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 50g | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg